Abbekås hamnkrog is looking for an experienced staff with ambition, high tempo and an infinite love of good food.
Work with us! As a waiter, waitress or chef
Abbekås hamnkrog opened in the beginning of July 2009. We hit the ground running, with tonnes of guests and a little too little staff. Waiting times were sometimes too long and not everything was as we would have wished. But Rome wasn’t built in a day. Together we are going to make Abbekås Hamnkrog one of the South Coast’s best restaurants. The conditions are perfect, the location is unbeatable, and the environment is something most can only dream about.
We are going to create a meeting place where the guest always feels welcome and comfortable. A restaurant where it doesn’t matter if you can pronounce the name of that delicious French wine correctly - as long as you appreciate the wine! A restaurant where we take our time – time to prepare the food, time to talk to you, time to live. A restaurant for those who love life’s treasures, great food, scrumptious cakes, gorgeous wines and a tasty beer. We simply want to create a place where you can relax and enjoy the moment.
For it to work, we need special people – we call them the Abbekåsers. An Abbekåser is full of energy and goodwill. She or he can accumulate all the positives in life and turn it into energy.
- Loves life
- Likes to work
- Appreciates good and well-prepared food
- Has a good sense for details and that extra finesse
- Is well educated and good with words
- Really enjoys taking care of others and making sure they are enjoying themselves
- Sees a difficult guest as a challenge and not as a personal insult
- Knows the difference between personal and private in relation to guests
- Knows what the word “unpretentious” means
- Can work well with colleagues
- Speaks excellent Swedish and even other languages
For those who would like to work in the kitchen:
- You really love good food
- You enjoy working with raw ingredients of the best class – the freshest and the best
- You understand how fantastic it is that the fish we use only has to travel 30m from the fishing boats into the kitchen. Here in Abbekås, there are 7 active fishermen and we buy our cod, flounder, turbot, herring and eel from them. Awesome, huh?
- You can work well with the waiting staff, without tension. Here, we all work together. It doesn’t matter how we get there, the goal is always crystal clear: Happy Guests.
I, Lotta Melberg Holm and my husband Björn Holm have been and still are journalists and authors. Björn has written many historical novels and has just finished a new manus.
I am a medical journalist – with a particular interest in food and health.
Alongside the writing, we ran Asknäs Restaurant and Café at Asknäs Estate on Ekerö island outside Stockholm for 8 years. It was challenging at times but mostly wonderful, energy inspiring and great fun! We have now sold Asknäs Estate and we can concentrate on developing Abbekås Hamkrog and Hotel to the little jewel it can become.
Before we started the restaurant, Björn worked for the Express for 17 years and for 7 of them he was one of the newspaper’s restaurant critics. I myself, as a journalist and reporter, have stayed in hotels and eaten in restaurants all over the world, sometimes more than I would have wished for.
Lova has travelled with us since she was little. Despite her youth, she knows exactly what she wants from a restaurant or a hotel, and therefore also what she wants to give our guests.
All three of us have experienced that as a guest, one sometimes feels like an annoyance to the restaurant staff. We have had the feeling many times that the waiting staff thought that they were superiour to us, their guests. Sometimes we have felt like turning on our heels and going home when we have checked in to yet another nice, but oh so impersonal hotel. It’s awful.
But we did it in Asknäs and we plan on doing it again. At Abbekås Hamnkrog we will once more create a restaurant and hotel where the guests are at the centre all the time – not just when the bill has to be paid!
We would love to see you here!
Lotta Mellberg Holm, returned skånish-exile and restauranteur
Björn Holm, A stockholmer who thrives on skånish turf and even more so in Abbekås Harbour
Lova Holm, A Stockholmer who thinks skånish is the coolest accent and that skånish people are wonderful
Smilla, the restaurant dog with ancestry from Gävle in northern Sweden. She’s forming plans to open “Chez Smilla”, her own restaurant for our four-footed friend.
Did you know we have La Soupe in Malmö?Adelgatan 4 (between Stortorget and Centralen)
Isbergs gata 14 (in Dockan)
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 11:00-14:30
NEW LA SOUPE Davidshallstorg 9 Opening hours Mon-Tue 11:30-15:00
Wed-Sat 11:30-around 22:00
Check Facebook for menu of the week.
Menu Adelsgatan 4
Menu Isbergs gata 14
Menu Davidshallstorg 9